The LMU Munich Academic Board defines the requirements and contact hours (*1 contact hour comprises 45 minutes) for successful completion of the courses as follows:
- regular attendance
- preparation for and active participation in seminars
- attendance and contribution to lectures
- participation in and contribution to class excursions
- self-study and completion of homework assignments
- written essay with 3000-3500 words. Sent by email: deadline will be August 12, 2019
Course Contact Hours:
60 contact hours* worth up to 6 ECTS credits (4 MC)
Every student will receive an official transcript after successful completion of all program requirements. The transcript will show the course name and contact hours, the number of acquired credits as well as the achieved grades.
Grades are defined by the LMU Munich Academic Board according to the general grading system of LMU (see table).
There are three grading sections in this course:
- Essay (approx. 3500-4000 words) = 55 %
- Presentation = 25 %
- Active participation in class = 20 %
Every student will receive an official transcript after the successful completion of all program requirements. The transcript will show the course name and contact hours, the number of acquired credits as well as the achieved grades.
Most international colleges and universities accept credits from the MISU LMU. However, each institution has its own policy regarding credit acceptance from other institutions. We strongly recommend that students consult their academic advisor and/or professor to receive credit transfer approval before applying to the MISU Summer Academy.
|MISU Grade Point||Grade ECTS||Grade Point NUS||Grade NUS|
Please note: Extra credit is not available for this course.